About the Company
North Hill House School in Frome are seeking an experienced leader to join their Senior Leadership Team as Head of School.
An experienced qualified teacher – and preferably holding an NPQH – the successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- A wide range of SEN experience and have proven leadership and management expertise
- An outstanding relationship builder, you will also know how to inspire exceptional performance and maintain a positive and enthusiastic learning environment for pupils and colleagues alike
- You will lead and manage the development and implementation of the curriculum and education programmes through the process of continuous improvements, the effective use of self-assessment methods and the efficient deployment of staff.
The successful candidate must come from an SEN background with experience of AS/ASD being highly beneficial but not essential. Experience of leading a broad and flexible curriculum from KS2 – KS5 is important to ensure that we can offer support to all year groups. The successful candidate will be a fully qualified experienced teacher with relevant post-graduate specialist qualifications together with a sound understanding of the current legislation and statutory regulations relating to education and care.
Please note that as we are a residential setting the Head Teacher will share on call responsibilities with the Senior Leadership Team, this will include some weekends.
If you share our determination to achieve the best possible outcomes for all our pupils, we can promise you a collaborative culture, ongoing professional development and ample scope to use your creativity and initiative as part of a highly energised and supportive team.
- Priory Perks reward and discount scheme
- Comprehensive induction
- Teachers pension scheme
- We cover the cost of your enhanced disclosure check
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Commitment to your ongoing training and career progression
- Employee recognition scheme.
Set in its own grounds close to Frome town centre, North Hill House is an independent specialist day and residential school for children and young people aged 6 to 19 years with autistic spectrum disorders and associated conditions.
The school provides a strong focus for students who need different levels of support to succeed, thus allowing young people with autistic spectrum disorders, Asperger’s Syndrome and associated difficulties to thrive effectively in an ever-demanding and complex society. Students have ambitions to live and work as self-reliant adults and we can help them to reach their goals with continued support, structure and guidance. The school welcomes students on a day or weekly residential basis for 38 weeks per year.
Priory Education and Children’s Services is a leading company in the UK offering independent behavioural care for commissioners across the UK. With over 100 high quality schools, colleges and homes we focus on making a real and lasting difference for everyone we support.