This is an exciting opportunity to join our exceptional Art Department. We are looking for a suitably qualified person to support the photography and graphics departments. We also offer a range of A Level Art disciplines from Fine Art to Product Design, Textiles, Moving Image and the Foundation Art Diploma.
Job Purpose: To provide technical, practical and creative support to teaching staff and to students. To manage the learning
environment to ensure a safe and effective working practice.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To support teachers and provide initial inductions such as how to use the darkroom and Photographic studio equipment safely.
2. To set up and maintain the darkroom and photographic studio.
3. To maintain a clear, clean, safe environment for students to work in throughout the area.
4. To loan out equipment to students during lesson times.
5. To maintain IT hardware equipment (computers, scanners, projectors, cameras, tripods) and liaise with IT support staff.
6. To order and monitor art supplies in liaison with the Subject Leader.
7. To maintain photographic and art equipment (safety and electrical PAT testing, repairs etc).
8. To work with Subject Leaders and Director to maintain Health & Safety Red Files.
9. To manage the collection and distribution of BPrints.
10.To organise and monitor the storage of student work – past and present.
11.To oversee the collection of previous students’ work.
12.To support staff and student operation of image manipulation software packages.
13.To maintain display areas in the classrooms, corridors and gallery areas. To support teams with the annual Art Show displays and promotional graphics.
14.To work with the Subject Leaders to maintain and update Google resources.
15.To contribute to teaching and learning meetings when appropriate.
16.To carry out any other duties that may be reasonably requested.
1. An art practitioner.
2. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software, particularly Photoshop.
3. Experience of working with PC and Apple Mac hardware.
4. Experience in using digital SLR Cameras.
5. Experience of displaying art work.
6. Competent knowledge of IT software such as Word and Excel.
7. Good verbal and written communication skills.
8. Personal qualities: hardworking, enthusiastic, patient, flexible, willing to learn and develop, able to work on own initiative and able to work in a team.
1. A Level 3 or equivalent qualification in Photography and/or Graphics.
2. Experience of maintaining photographic materials.
3. Experience of working in a darkroom.