Data Management Project Manager role will be responsible for delivering a large data management project within a major bank.
A large international bank based in London.
Data Management Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing all project lifecycle activities associated with delivering projects that are data governance driven, frequently medium-term in length, impact multiple departments or offices and are medium in risk, scope and complexity.
- Accountable for managing the project lifecycle and budget in line with the Project Management Methodology, consistently demonstrating sound judgement and ownership of the project process and ensuring that all deliverables are aligned with objectives and commensurate with our business profile.
- Lead, influence, motivate and manage diverse project teams across the EMEA organization, including representatives from a wide variety of departments to ensure timely delivery of required results with least possible impact on the bank’s business and customers.
- Plan and drive completion of all project deliverables including the business case, regulatory requirements, project roadmap, budget, testing, deliverables implementation and handover into business as usual
- Identify and then judge when to escalate risks and issues and their associated mitigation plans to the C-level Project Sponsor and appropriate committees (SteerCo) in order to prevent impact or additional risk.
- Achieve appropriate governance and transparency for the project so that the appropriate oversight is achieved.
- Ensure that all deliverables achieve compliance for the organisation, meet the objectives of the project, are in line with best market practise and can withstand formal regulatory scrutiny.
- Recognize and rapidly adapt to ongoing change during the project. Document internal and external impacts including impact on existing policies and associated procedures, formulate and present suitable mitigation plans and ensure all updates are completed to impacted areas.
Data Management Project Manager Experience & Knowledge
Specific need for PM with background in providing Project Management for Data change initiatives so preferable for candidate to have demonstrable experience in the following:
- Experience in supporting the creation of Data Management Function including steps in establishing Policy Frameworks and RACI
- Experience in supporting business architecture projects including Data Lineage
- An understanding of Data Domains
- An understanding of Records Management
- An understanding of Metadata
- An understanding of Data Classification
- knowledge and experience of financial services, markets and banking activities and the surrounding regulatory framework;
- prior experience of successfully delivering regulatory/business change projects within financial services
- strong interpersonal skills including ability to lead rather than manage, to set the vision for the project, gain team and organisational buy-in, anticipate and resolve conflict, motivate, negotiate and coach so that project objectives are met;
- strong, effective communication skills both written and oral, including diplomacy in offering challenge
- knowledge of effective team building and some experience of team management skills.
- practical and willing to get involved in tasks, when necessary, to ensure objectives are achieved
- ability to work to multiple deadlines and under pressure
Education & Qualifications
- The role requires the candidate to be educated to degree level or have significant specialist knowledge.
- Industry recognised modern project management qualification such as Prince 2, PMP or APM preferred
Up to £650 per day, this role is Inside IR35