Head of Service for Children, Young People and Adults:
Accountabilities and Tasks
- To be responsible for the recruitment, selection, training and performance management of all staff and volunteers, working within the service area.
- To be responsible for the finances of the service ensuring that it remains within budget.
- To ensure that appropriate quality assurance systems are in place and further develop as appropriate.
- To ensure that the service responds to complaints and suggestions for improvements.
- To set annual objectives for the service and contribute to service planning across the organisation.
- To contribute to the management team and the efficient running of the organisation.
- To represent the organisation at external presentations, meetings, conferences etc.
- To liaise with external organisations to promote positive partnerships in the development of the service.
- To ensure that information is maintained for contract monitoring and proactively participate in contract and tendering relationships.
- To ensure that the service has an appropriate management structure and management systems in order to carry out its strategic objectives effectively.
- To continually develop services to meet the needs of our service users.
- To identify appropriate methods of monitoring the performance of the service and provide information to trustees and respective funding agencies.
- To ensure the service fulfils all its legal, statutory and regulatory responsibilities.
- To ensure the service fulfils all its contractual obligations including the 24 hour ‘on call’ systems.
- To foster good communications within the service
- To review the external environment for changes that may affect the service, to advise the CEO accordingly and to take the necessary action.
- To support the organisation in looking at opportunities for revenue to enhance services.
Key Skills / Essential Qualities
- Degree level or equivalent
- Demonstrate successful leadership/management of services
- Experience of OFSTED or CQC
- Experience of managing budgets
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead and motivate
- Ability to plan strategically
- Experience of working with people with disabilities
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications we receive, if Copperfield Recruitment Ltd has not contacted you within five days of your application then please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Copperfield Recruitment Ltd are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy and are an equal opportunities employer.