EYFS SEN Teacher
New SEN school
Veritas are currently working with a newly opened SEN school in Croydon. They are looking to recruit an EYFS teacher to start asap. They are looking for teachers who have experience working within SEN, specifically ASD and complex needs.
The school caters for ages 2-19 and will have its challenges due to the range of the needs of the students, including some challenging behaviour, making this a physically and mentally challenging role.
Access to a car would be advantageous as the nearest train line is quite a distance away. There are good links to local bus routes.
The school follow a non subject specific curriculum called ‘Equals’ and class sizes will be between 5 to 7 students. In each class there will be 3 teaching assistants to support you in the lesson, this enables all pupils to receive the appropriate amount of care and support.
Key skills and experience needed:
- SEN experience is essential, preferably with young people with autism / ASD
- QTS or unqualified with prior teaching experience
- Knowledge of EYFS Curriculum
- Experience planning lessons
- Strong behaviour management
- Professional manner
- Enthusiastic, positive, and friendly approach
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to Gemma.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
‘Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.’