Barton Peveril is a highly successful Sixth Form College with excellent facilities and modern buildings. We have an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated and energetic individual to join our Facilities Team. The primary function of the role is to provide high standard caretaking duties across the College site. The role is physical with tasks including lifting and transporting furniture, consumables, and equipment across the site, general maintenance and repairs, painting and decorating, amongst a variety of other tasks. You would also need to be able to drive a minibus and willing to be a first aider (training for both would be provided).
Purpose: To work across the Barton Peveril Campus providing the highest standard of customer service in a general caretaking capacity.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To ensure that the site is open and ready for use
- To assist when required to ensure that the campus is secured at the end of the day
- To assist in the day-to-day maintenance of the College including but not limited to: plumbing, building fabric repairs, carpentry, decorating and other general maintenance duties
- To assist in moving furniture and the setting up of rooms for classes, exams and other functions
- To carry out general portage duties
- General operational aspects of plant and machinery
- To accept goods inwards
- To undertake emergency cleaning tasks as required.
- To drive college Minibuses and other vehicles as required.
- To be a first aider whilst on shift and part of the first aid rota
- To carry out College emergency procedures in the event of a fire, flood, accident or major damage as directed by the responsible person
- To comply with the Health & Safety Policy of the College and other instructions given as necessary and reporting, or rectifying where appropriate, safety hazards or unsafe working arrangements
- Be prepared to undertake overtime to cover lettings/general overtime duties, under the supervision of the Facilities Manager
- Be a key holder on 24 hour call out as required.
- Some attendance at satellite sites may be required.