Specialising in the health and social care sector we are constantly seeking to improve the quality of our service to our learners. Currently in a growth phase we seek experienced quality driven individuals who can help us on our journey. KS Training is based in the West Midlands and operate all over the Midlands counties.
As a Functional Skills Apprenticeship Tutor, you will be responsible for a caseload of work-based Apprentice candidates in the Midlands area and will plan, support and deliver Maths and English Functional Skills training based on the learner needs, thus ensuring timely and successful achievement (in collaboration with Health and Social Care Tutors) of apprenticeship trailblazer standards. Successful candidates will be required to work with learners that require level 1 or level 2 Functional Skills in Maths and English.
What we look for:
- It is essential that candidates have Level 3 Award in Education and Training (or PTLLS) (or willingness to undertake in first year in post) and Maths, English and ICT qualification min level 2 or equivalent (or willingness to complete within 3 month probationary period)
- Desirable qualifications are A1 award or equivalent, Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training (or CTLLS), Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training (or DTLLS), QTS/QTLS status, Subject specialism for literacy and/ or numeracy, ICT qualification min level 2
- Proven experience in delivering English and Maths (ICT is desirable)
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to balance conflicting demands and be able to prioritise workload to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to ensure compliance with the Safeguarding of Vulnerable Children and Adults policy
- Delivery of effective Information, Advice and Guidance to all learners
- Carry out learner inductions; including completion of skills scans, individual learning plans & initial assessments to establish the correct level of support in cohesion with the Apprentices Employer
- Ensuring Continuous Progression.
- Ensuring Timely Completion of all Learners on Caseload
- Management and Monitoring of learner progression
- Timely submission/uploading and assessment of all evidence gathered from learners and employers
- Planning and carrying out effective formal reviews every 10 / 12 weeks with the learners main Tutor.
- Ensure compliance with all policies, procedures and quality standards
The ideal candidate for the role of Apprenticeships Programme Tutor will be able to:
- Use language that is clear, concise and can be accurately interpreted by the recipient
- Gather, identify and clarify key elements of others communication in order to maximise understanding
- Be aware of impact of own behaviour on others and modify their style to achieve results through good working relationships
- Encourage others towards a viewpoint/course of action through persuasive approach
- Focus on the detail of a task and handle accurately and consistently
- Prompt and respond to different ways of working in the face of changing situations
- Establish a clear course of action designed to achieve long or short term goals
There is a salary on offer is £25,000pa to £29,000pa (including performance bonus).
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
KS Training is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share and demonstrate this commitment.
The successful candidate will have to meet the requirements of the person specification and will be subject to pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
Application deadline: 12/08/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: Up to £29,000.00 per year
- Performance bonus
- Company pension
- Sick pay
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
PPE will be provided when employment commences.
- Do you hold a qualification at Level 2 or equivalent in Maths and English? (ICT desirable)
- Certificate of Higher Education (preferred)
- teaching: 1 year (preferred)
- tutoring: 1 year (required)
- A1/PTLLS/DTLLS/CTLLS (preferred)