A Head of Education is needed to join a modern institution with colleges across the UK. The Head of Education will be responsible for the leadership, co-ordination, and delivery of all courses at the Birmingham Screen and Film School, as well as line management responsibilities for both academic and support staff.
With over 35 years’ experience in helping students launch successful careers in the creative industry. Our client is the largest and leading provider of contemporary music education in Europe offering a broad range of Higher and Further Education music courses – including BA Honours Degrees, nationally accredited Diplomas and Postgraduate Teaching Certificates. Due to exciting growth, they are now seeking a Head of Education to ensure the quality of curriculum delivery and student success rates.
Reporting to the College Principal, the Head of Education will play a key role in supporting, developing, and enhancing the teaching team. Whether you are managing and coordinating all tutors, in respect of curriculum delivery; delivering timetables; observing the teaching team; supporting students; ensuring college targets are set; monitoring teaching budgets or promoting learning strategies, it will be your superb communication skills that ensures staff and students alike are able to meet exacting standards of educational excellence.
To qualify… You should be a Head of Education / College Manager / School Manager / Deputy Headteacher or similar with a CV that demonstrates:
- Experience within education management (equivalent film/tv industry experience will be considered);
- Experience of working with Further and/or Higher Education institutions;
- A degree qualification in a relevant subject area;
- A teaching qualification (or a willingness to work towards);
- Excellent filmmaking skills and relevant industry experience;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills;
- Strong background in the delivery of outstanding teaching and learning;
- Strong level of IT skills and excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- The ability to work with complex systems such as scheduling, timetabling and exams procedures;
- You are able to work quickly and accurately under pressure;
- You are able to successfully manage a varied workload.