Higher Education Bursaries & Scholarships Manager | ASAP start | 3 months | £300-£350 p/day UMB | Hybrid Work
Your new company
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly skilled individual to join a key London-based charitable organisation that is focused on advancing and promoting excellence in engineering. The organisation is looking to recruit a Higher Education Bursaries & Scholarships Manager to manage all aspects of delivery and associated activities related to the organisation’s bursary and scholarship programmes. These are aimed at supporting the progression and professional development of engineering students and early career engineers.
Your new role
This role will contribute to the development of a robust set of programme management documents and KPIs to inform programme delivery by following best practice in programme management while building strong working relationships with all key stakeholders. You will:
* Define and deliver the benefits of all assigned programmes related to higher education bursaries and scholarships to time, to quality and to budget.
* Make effective use of the organisation’s Grant Management System to administer the programmes.
* Develop and maintain programme specific forums to allow for collaboration and communication.
* Establish a system to enable the organisation and other programme funders to maintain and derive value from contact with past beneficiaries or alumni, and to manage these relationships where appropriate.
* To communicate the organisation’s support for those in higher education through social media, the organisation of ad-hoc events and the production of case studies etc.
* Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement in the department and to support senior departmental representatives in achieving other team and departmental objectives as required.
* Work closely with the development team on the management of relationships with existing programme funders, providing timely updates on programme activities, feeding in to reports and attending meetings as appropriate.
* Support the senior departmental representatives and the development team in developing and securing new programmes and income streams
What you’ll need to succeed
This is an ideal opportunity for a individual who has:
* Experience in supporting or delivering projects or programmes in education and/or grant distribution
* Experience in event management and stakeholder management
* A good working knowledge of the higher education system and/or engineering communities in the UK
* Knowledge of good practice in programme management
* Experience of working in higher education or a related area (Desirable)
* Experience of electronic grant management systems and managing budgets (Desirable)
* A project management qualification (Desirable)
What you’ll get in return
This is an interim position rolling for 3 months minimum and paying £300-£350 p/day UMB.
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.