6th form college in Greenwich is recruiting a Learning Support Assistant (LSA) who is available to start immediately.
Mainstream college with a large SEN Provision that offers inclusive education to just under 200 SEN students. The young people who attend the SEN provision in this college are aged between 16 – 19 years of age and have varying needs; ie ADHD/ ADD/ MLD / Behaviour/ SEMH/ ASC/ Complex Needs/ Down Syndrome/ Wheel Chair users /Learning Difficulties etc. All young people are able to access their learning and just require additional 1:1 support. This role would mean working with children on a 1:1 basis and within small groups. Additionally you would be building a strong rapport with the young person(s), de-escalating behaviour (if required), helping them access their learning etc.
- Must have experience in a support role; ie LSA/ Youth Worker/ SEN TA/ Teaching Assistant/ Residential Child Support Worker / HLTA / Behaviour Mentor / Learning Mentor
- Your SEN experience; ADHD/ ADD/ MLD / Behaviour/ SEMH/ ASC/ Complex Needs/ Down Syndrome/ Wheel Chair users /Learning Difficulties etc.
- Must have worked in an educational setting; ie College/ Sixth Form/SEN School/ Secondary School /Youth Centre / PRU or Alternative Provision
- Can successfully build a strong rapport with young people
- 1:1 & small groups experience with children and young people
- Welcoming and great personality
- Able to de-escalate behaviour OR can assist with personal care IF required (Depends on the child you are placed with)
- Enhanced DBS with update service OR able to pay for a new one now ASAP
- Can access the Greenwich borough easily.