Job Purpose: To provide technical support to the Media, Culture and Technology Department on a daily basis. Supporting students with their practical coursework and providing in class tuition across software such as Premiere Pro, FinalCut Pro, Photoshop, After Effects, Blender, Dreamweaver and any others suitable for Media creation.
Delivering rich content to support the colleges marketing and recruitment activities. Working cross-College and with the Senior Leadership Team, producing high quality video content, to ensure the college maintains its position as a market leader.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide creative and technical support to staff and students.
- Managing and maintaining a booking system for the loan of equipment to staff and students and ensuring ALL equipment is in good working order and is electrically safe. Provide a regular audit of equipment and sourcing/ordering relevant equipment when required.
- To maintain and monitor the usage of a large Media studio and a Radio suite ensuring H&S requirements are met. This includes managing a booking system and access rights.
- Liaising with Central IT Department on PC and Mac operating issues.
5. To maintain a clean, safe environment for students to work in.
- To support teachers with delivering specific inductions (such as Photoshop, Final Cut, Premiere and camera workshops).
- To provide critical and technical support to students during practical coursework sessions and during student Study periods. To create student ?how to’ guides in relation to software and equipment.
- To order and monitor stationery supplies for the Department.
- To maintain display areas in the corridors and open access spaces and working collaboratively with the staff members to produce materials for Open Evenings.
10.To contribute to teaching and learning meetings when appropriate.
11.To carry out any other duties as reasonably requested by Subject Leaders and Director within the Department.
- Supporting Senior Leadership Team activities when required.
- Creating rich content to support all Barton Peveril College Marketing and Communications activity.
- Storage and cataloguing all departmental rich content.
- Some online content generation and ownership.
- Training and supporting staff with video generation and student ambassadors as appropriate.
- Competitor analysis and market research to support departmental activities.
- Reporting on data and analytics for materials produced.
19.Other ad-hoc marketing and communications and college activities as directed by the Marketing and Communications Manager and the Marketing Coordinator.