Happy Days is an established provider of nursery childcare in the South West. We provide a calm and innovative environment; designed using neutral colours to promote concentration and provide a strong learning environment that is not over stimulating and distracting.
We are looking for someone who shares our enthusiasm for providing quality childcare, to join Happy Days’ vision for an outstanding setting.
1. Do you have a full and relevant Early Years NVQ Level 3 qualification or above (as defined by the DfE)?
2. Are you looking for a role whereby you will be mentored and supported along the way?
3. Would you like to be part of our team creating a safe and stimulating environment for our children, in line with the EYFS and Happy Days ethos?
If you answered yes to the above three questions then read on to find out more about joining the Happy Days family…
Happy Days’ Nursery Nurses
· Build effective relationships and fully engage with children on a one to one basis, parents and colleagues
· Create safe and stimulating environments in line with the EYFS and Happy Days ethos
· Observe, assess and plan to support the individual needs of children
· Understand, implement and keep up to date with safeguarding, health and safety and welfare policies
· Act as role models in order to support colleagues’ (in particular Nursery Assistants) and children’s development
· ‘Step up’ to deputise for the Supervisor in their absence and as required
· Support Nursery Assistants to develop and progress
Your essential skills and experience
· NVQ Level 3 Early Years qualification or equivalent
· Experience working with children with additional needs or SEN is required
· Level 2 Safeguarding would be an advantage
· Evident enthusiasm for working with children and delivering high quality childcare/early years education
· Good organisational skills; able to plan own work and resources accordingly
· Ability to establish good relationships with parents – welcoming and approachable persona
· Good understanding of policies and practices within a childcare setting with an ability to confidently communicate and apply these
· Solid knowledge of the EYFS and its practical application within a childcare setting
· Strong team player with a ‘can-do’ attitude. Willingness to support colleagues and share information
· Good, confident and honest communicator
· Demonstrates strong initiative and ability to think on their feet
· Good written skills with ability to complete required paperwork to required standards
Happy Days offers a fantastic benefits package including, discounted childcare, additional holiday for length of service, Christmas period off work, free uniform and regular incentives