PMLD Teaching Assistant
We are currently working with an excellent, local Primary School in Wandsworth who are seeking an experienced SEN Teaching Assistant with PMLD experience to join their dedicated team of support staff to work alongside their pupils with Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties. The role will be full time for the remainder of the academic year, with the potential to become a permanent position for the right candidate. The role will be working with children of a wide age range.
Main Duties will include:
- Working 1:1 with children as well as in the classroom.
- Helping to engage SEN pupils and encouraging interaction.
- Supporting children with reading, writing and their work.
- Supporting the Class teacher with delivery of lessons.
- Personal Care
To be successful in the role you will:
- Have at least one years’ experience working within a school.
- Hold a relevant degree or qualification
- Have a good understanding of supporting SEN students.
- Have experience supporting students in personal care, moving, handling, and hoisting
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be able to quickly build relationships with students and staff.
The Successful candidate will benefit from working at an inclusive school in a caring and friendly environment; with an experienced and supportive senior team committed to the improvement of students’ learning opportunities and teachers’ professional development. The school is in the Wandsworth area and benefits from excellent facilities and is a 5 minute walk from Southside station.
To apply for the role please submit your CV via the application page or direct . All applicants will need a valid DBS and 2 excellent references.