Crowdys Hill School is a dynamic and expanding special school for students with moderate learning difficulties and complex needs. The primary continues to expand, and as a result we are currently seeking to employ teaching staff for our expanding school:
Complex Needs Primary Class Teacher from September 2021. Although this role is to work within the primary, you will have the opportunity to teach across different phases of the school from KS1-KS3.
Our school takes a very person-centred approach to each of our students’ learning to maximise their independence and realise their aspirations. This really is a very exciting time to join the team here at Crowdys Hill as the school has recently moved in to a large, purpose-built extension.
We welcome applications from professionals at different stages of their career (no NQT), who have primary or SEN experience. Additional support and training will be provided for outstanding candidates wishing to further their specialist knowledge and understanding. We support all staff in understanding and managing the special needs of our students, and give all team members an invaluable insight and appreciation of the rewards to be gained from working in a school such as ours.
This is an ideal opportunity to make your mark on the education of pupils with SEND.
- Passionate about working with students with special educational needs?
- A good or outstanding professional with the aptitude and desire to work with students who have complex learning needs?
- A creative thinker, looking to be part of a highly effective multi-disciplinary team?
- A team player who will be able to provide a positive contribution to further develop an exciting curriculum?
- Flexible and adaptable to the needs of the students?
If you are, then we can offer:
- An excellent supportive staff committed to achieving exceptionally high standards.
- An interesting, diverse and exciting career.
- Caring, fun students that enjoy coming to school to learn.
- Small class sizes to allow you to give more time and individual attention to pupils.
- Opportunities for future professional development.
- Strong ethos and a commitment to collaborative working.
- A sense of achievement at the end of every.
In accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998, jobholders should take reasonable care to ensure that personal data is not disclosed outside Council procedures, or use personal data held on others for their own purposes. In accordance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act 2000, ensure requests for non-personal information are dealt with in accordance with the Council’s written procedures.
To comply with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1998 (as amended by S147 of the Nationality and Immigration and Asylum Act 2002) all prospective employees will be required to supply evidence of eligibility to work in the UK. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Crowdys Hill School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Background checks and an enhanced DBS will be required. Applicants must have GCSE or equivalent grade C or above in English and Maths – proof of this will be required if you are selected for interview.
Applicants must be fluent in the English language (as a requirement of Part 7 of the immigration act – for the effective performance of a customer-facing role).