Do you want to make an impact in your teaching?
Do you enjoy a challenge and want to change the lives of young people on the autism spectrum?
We are seeking to appoint a committed and reflective Teacher to join our vibrant and enthusiastic team at Sketchley Hall, our Primary school setting.
Here at Sketchley School, you will have the opportunity to work with very small groups of students and make a real difference to their lives. You will receive high levels of teaching assistant support, along with autism and behaviour training where required.
The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent skills in planning and teaching across the curriculum at key stage 2 and 3 and have the ability to support students’ academic learning in an autism friendly way, as well as supporting wider behavioural and emotional needs.
You will also:
- Share our passion for high aspiration and achievement for all
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Be highly organised and adaptable
- Be committed to working in partnership with parents and outside agencies.
The following skills would be of benefit to the role:
- A good knowledge of autism and/or experience of working with young people on the autism spectrum
- Previous experience of teaching at key stage 2 and/or 3.
- Priory Perks reward and discount scheme
- Comprehensive induction
- Pension scheme
- We cover the cost of your enhanced disclosure check
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Commitment to your ongoing training and career progression
- Employee recognition scheme.
Priory Education and Children’s Services is a leading company in the UK. With over 100 high quality schools, colleges and homes we focus on making a real and lasting difference for everyone we support.
Sketchley School provides specialist education for young people aged 8-14 with high functioning autism. Pupils may also have challenging behaviour as a result of their communication difficulties and a lack of social understanding.