Regional Recruitment Manager (RRM) South – UCFB Wembley Campus
Location: UCFB Wembley Campus, London
Salary: Up to £29,000 per annum plus £3,000 London Weighting allowance (total salary package up to £32,000 depending upon qualifications and experience) + £4000 car allowance
Contract Type: Permanent
Do you want to be part of a truly unique approach to higher education, one that puts students at the heart of everything we do enabling them to have the best possible chance of a successful career in the football and sports industry?
This RRM post, based in the South & London region, engages and recruits students to study university degrees at either of UCFB’s two inspirational campuses – UCFB Wembley and UCFB Etihad Campus. The RRM will support students from point of interest through to enrolment. The RRM will develop relationships with schools, sixth forms and other FE institutions to deliver engaging presentations, workshops and attend higher education fairs to deliver enrolment targets.
This role is responsible for the recruitment and conversion of students to undergraduate programmes at UCFB Etihad and UCFB Wembley Campus.
Areas of responsibility will include attendance at HE Fairs & Exhibitions, delivery of smaller scale workshops to larger scale presentations covering higher education and specifically UCFB. A strong ability to build and maintain relationships is also essential as the post holder will be required to work with schools and colleges in a specific area in London and the South Region, alongside supporting all recruitment and conversion events and activity through the cycle.
A good understanding of the undergraduate recruitment cycle would be of benefit and also an interest in the global sports industry. As an individual they should be able to self-manage and be a strong team player; working proactively as an individual and within a team.
The role requires the holder to be positive and innovative in managing their own time and diary and not be phased by a varied and exciting working week.
It is a crucial role within the Future Students Team and sits within the vibrant UCFB/GIS Marketing and Student Recruitment Department.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within an ambitious and rapidly growing organisation at the heart of the world’s most exciting industry.
- Manage and deliver student focussed engagement and recruitment activities;
- Develop strong and productive relationships with key contacts in all sixth forms and FE colleges in the designated region.
- Increase the number of ‘feeder institutions’ to UCFB through pro-active networking in schools and colleges;
- Support conversion activities to maximize conversion levels through the recruitment cycle.
- Deliver presentations to a wide range of audiences on the benefits of UCFB
- Assist with the organisation and delivery of a variety of academic and student open events including education forums and conferences;
- Deliver and manage on campus schools visits, sharing the unique learning environment and providing a taste of what it’s like to be a UCFB student
- Pro-actively work with academic staff to provide a range of recruitment activities for partner schools and colleges;
- Produce statistical reports and competitor analysis;
- Assist with the preparation and production of an annual calendar of events, student recruitment reports and statistics;
- Attend undergraduate Higher Education and Careers conferences and other similar events across the UK where required;
- Assist with Clearing, Enrolment, Graduation and other high profile events across the institution
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with the work of the Marketing & Student Recruitment Team and the nature of the role as requested by the Assistant Head of Student Recruitment
- To undertake appropriate staff development and professional training in line with the business strategic objectives of UCFB
- To work within the policies of Health and Safety and Equal Opportunities
- To work flexibly and responsibly and undertake any other duties relevant to the level of the post.
University Campus of Football Business & Global Institute of Sport
University Campus of Football Business (UCFB) is a world first in sports education. Proudly the UK’s fastest-growing higher education institution since our launch in 2011, UCFB’s campuses are based at the iconic Wembley Stadium and Etihad Stadium.
In 2020, UCFB launched the Global Institute of Sport (GIS), our new destination for Master’s degrees and executive education in the UK, online and at inspirational stadium hubs at Inter Miami CF Stadium, New York’s Red Bull Arena, Atlanta’s Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Toronto’s BMO Field and the Melbourne Cricket Ground in Australia.
GIS is driven by sport, powered by industry: our collaborations with elite sports organisations allow us to lead the field in producing the next generation of sports graduates. Partners include The Football Association, Kick It Out, the League Managers Association, the National League and the Rugby Football League domestically, as well as our global hub partners in the USA, Canada and Australia.
Our award-winning team
This position for a highly ambitious individual would see the successful candidate join an exciting team that won Best Non-Match Day Use of Venue at the Sports Business Awards, Best Sponsorship & Engagement at the Northwest Football Awards and was shortlisted for Team of the Year at both the Marketing Week Awards and Times Higher Education Leadership & Management Awards.
Although the basics of the role are described here, we will be looking for energy, values and commitment to both our organisation and to your career. Our recruitment process will be rigorous and demanding, as will this role within a high performing department. In return, we can offer honesty, integrity and the chance to progress in the organisation as quickly as you develop within it.
What we offer in return
In return not only will you have the opportunity to make life-transforming, career making education, but we offer a whole range of financial and non-financial benefits too:
- Enhanced occupational sick pay
- Life assurance
- Free eye tests and VDU glasses
- Flexible benefits package with Perkbox (some of which includes health cash plan, Dencover, half price cinema tickets, discounted private health insurance, discounted gym membership, hundreds of high street discounts and much more)
Family friendly benefits:
- Enhanced occupational maternity/paternity pay
- Compassionate leave/time off for dependants
- Competitive holiday entitlement
- Christmas closure
- Day off for your birthday
- 24/7 employee support hub (via Perkbox)
- Flexible working
- Continuing professional development
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Annual family barbecue
- Staff led events committee
- End of year review day and awards dinner
- Back to work conference
A company laptop and mobile phone are provided in this role
The role involves manual handling inclusive of but not limited to the transportation of prospectuses and putting up of marketing banners.
Working hours: Working hours normally 8.30 am – 5pm but may involve additional and unsocial working hours depending on the nature of the event and occasional travel between campus.
During normal working circumstances, on a daily basis this role is based in Wembley. There will be regular travel required to Wembley Stadium and occasional travel between additional sites.
Please note that if you do not have permission to work in the UK, UCFB will not be able to obtain a Certificate of Sponsorship for you to take up this position. All non EU/EAA candidates must have valid immigration status and/or a UK visa valid for the duration of the contract in order to be considered for this role.