Safeguarding & Education Welfare Officer (Safeguarding in Schools)Do you have a passion for safeguarding?
This is an exciting opportunity to join the LCC Safeguarding in Schools Team working with education settings across Lincolnshire with safeguarding and child protection support.
The Safeguarding in Schools Team sits within the Inclusion and Attendance service which consists of a small team who are responsible for supporting the local authority to fulfil its statutory duties with respect to school attendance, part-time employment of children of compulsory school age, children in entertainment, children missing education, elective home educated children and safeguarding in schools.
The successful candidate will be involved specifically with supporting education settings across the county, working within our safeguarding in schools service area and will be involved with the following areas of work;
- updating the Local Authority’s Safeguarding Policy
- helping to plan and deliver safeguarding events (events remain virtual currently)
- updating the Local Authority’s Safeguarding Audit and seeking assurance of its implementation through moderation
- advice and guidance for schools for safeguarding queries (not referrals)
- attendance at Lincolnshire Safeguarding Children Partnership meetings
- communicating regularly with education settings via safeguarding bulletins and online platforms
What are we looking for?
- A skilled communicator, the role involves much relationship building and dialogue with education settings.
- Good time management, we’re a busy team, always on the go with tight deadlines.
- An understanding of statutory education safeguarding responsibilities
- Transferable skills, we want you to grow with our support and your ambition.
- A flexible approach, we react and adapt to change on a daily basis, we’d like you to come with us.
We are offering a competitive salary of £25,991 – £28,672, along with a pension, a comprehensive benefits package including excellent discount schemes, cycle to work, civil service sports council membership and many areas for professional support and development.
At the heart of Lincolnshire is Lincoln City; famous for its stunning cathedral and impressive castle, the medieval quarter is a great contrast to the lively and youthful feel of this vibrant University City. The county’s historic market towns are steeped in history and brimming with life. Our vibrant coast and areas of outstanding natural beauty make Lincolnshire the perfect place for your next career move.
If all this sounds like the role and place for you, then go ahead and read through the full Job Description, to help you submit the best application possible, before clicking apply! If you would like to know more about Lincolnshire County Council and our current vacancies then click on over to www.lincolnshire.gov.uk . If you would like an open and informal discussion regards this role then please contact Ruth Fox, Safeguarding & Education welfare Supervisor on 07747 5665 355 Carr or Jill Chandar-Nair, Inclusion & Attendance Manager on 07717 320 089.
Applications Close on 30 January 2022 and interviews will be held on 14 February 2022.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Please be advised that this position may be subject to a criminal record check.
All candidates are advised to read the attached job information pack prior to making an application.
On occasion we receive significantly more applications than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
We operate a talent pool scheme whereby candidates who are not successful on this occasion may be considered for a period of up to 3 months for similar positions.
Lincolnshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
In accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 (Fluency Duty), the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.