We are working with a ‘Good’ Ofsted-rated mainstream secondary school in North London who are currently looking to recruit a full time science technician for a September 2021 start.
The school require a candidate interested in and knowledgeable about science across the board from Chemistry to Biology and Physics. You will join the Science Department, working with and supporting class teachers in science classes from Year 7 to A-level, carrying out relevant duties required by the Senior Technician or Class Teachers. Assist the Teaching Staff in demonstrating the use of equipment and apparatus, designing and constructing equipment and apparatus for use in experiments.
You will be preparing practical equipment, apparatus and resources, monitoring standards and practices within the labs and providing technical and learning assistance in the classroom.
The school is near an overground station and is also accessible by a number of bus routes.
Key skills and experience needed:
- Previous support work within a school or other transferable child-related experience
- A firm presence and strong behaviour management
- Qualified to degree level in a scientific field
- Confident preparing and assisting carrying out experiments and practicals up to A level
- Health and Safety training or experience and be aware of safety issues
If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding position, please send your CV to Laura Barwick at Veritas Education –
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
‘Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community