PhoenixPlace is a specialist independent school for girls with complex social, emotional and attachment difficulties. Rated as ‘good’, we provide education across key stages 3 and 4 and are looking for a dynamic, highly skilled SENCo (part time – up to 3 days per week) to join our vibrant and growing school.
We are proud of our journey since opening in November 2014. Together we are creating a happy and exciting school, with a rich curriculum that provides a wealth of opportunities to inspire our students in their learning and personal development. Our school is a positive and energetic environment in which everyone is encouraged to do their best and achieve their full potential, a place where everybody is valued and respected.
We seek a candidate that is forward thinking and can contribute significantly to the positive growth of the school.
As the post holder,, it will be your responsibility to lead, develop and support the provision for young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) across the ages of 11-16 years. The school has the highest aspirations for all their students.
The post holder will be passionate about inclusion and improving outcomes for students with additional needs and sharing in our commitment to ensuring that all students are fully prepared and supported for life beyond school.
You will have experience of:
- working closely with subject teachers and the leadership team
- setting up highly effective interventions eg Eg 1:1 or small group literacy/numeracy interventions according to student need
- measuring the impact of support and intervention.
- contributing to whole school development
assessing, recording and reporting on the attendance, progress, development and attainment of students and to keep such records as are required
- leading and managing a team of teaching assistants as well as providing training to members of staff regarding SEND
- managing and organising Access Arrangements following with JCQ requirements, in order for our students to have the best opportunity in any examination
- managing and overseeing a range of duties including provision mapping, EHCPs reviews, transitions, assessments, records and documentary evidence, liaison and meetings with other professionals.
- working with a range of other professionals e.g. SALT, EP, CAMHS, Children’s Services
(A small teaching commitment will be required for this role)
You will have up-to-date and relevant knowledge of issues pertaining to the SEND Code of Practice and be able to undertake any statutory obligations, as well as hold the National Award for SENCo (or have a willingness to undertake the qualification) and Qualified Teacher Status.
We have a skilled, hardworking and dedicated staff team willing to offer support and expertise to develop your own practice, as well as excited to learn from you.
This school is located in the heart of Camberwell with excellent transport links and is close to an underground station in zone 2.
PhoenixPlace is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.
If you are interested in this opportunity please download and complete the application form (providing references) and return as soon as possible