We are looking for an SEN Teacher for an SEN unit within a Primary School based in Beckenham to start in February.
You should be a specialist SEN Teacher with experience of teaching pupils with ASD and complex needs.
The school are looking to appoint an SEN Teacher for the next academic year. The successful candidate will need to have Primary SEN experience.
As an SEN Teacher you will be working with a class of 6-8 children of whom have ASD and complex needs.
Start date – February.
Salary = £140 to £180 per day.
To be considered for this role, you should demonstrate:
- An understanding/knowledge and experience of working with children with special needs.
- Excellent communication, time management and organisational skills.
- An energetic and enthusiastic ‘can do’ attitude.
- A friendly and professional manner.
- Hold a recognised full teaching qualification such as QTS or be willing to undergo teacher training in line with current regulations.
- An understanding of alternative and therapeutic interventions for student progression.
- Innovation and competence in utilising resources to provide a stimulating learning environment.
- Commitment to achieving the highest possible standards for all learners with a proven record of enabling learners to fulfil their potential.
- A flexibility of approach through the willingness to offer an additional subject
- To effectively plan lessons that are stimulating, relevant and well-structured to a wide range of abilities, social, emotional and communication needs to ensure all students are able to participate and reach their full potential.
- To ensure that all learning equipment is in good order and available for the delivery of lessons.
- To organise a person-centred learning environment allowing students to take ownership of their learning and ambitions.
- Liaise with members of the support and therapeutic team and, as appropriate, with parents/carers in the support of learners. Attend parents’ evenings.
- Direct and utilise TAs for class support.
- Promote good student behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with established policy.
If you like the sound of this role and are looking for a new opportunity apply now.
If you would like to know more about the role please contact Jamie at Future Education