CER are currently recruiting an SEN Teacher for an Ofsted ‘OUTSTANDING’ specialist SEN School in Liverpool. The school provide both care and education services to children and young people with moderate to severe learning difficulties aged 8-19 years old.
The school are looking to recruit a qualified teacher who has had previous expeirence working with moderate to severe learning difficulties or has expeirence working within an early years/primary setting.
The role will primarily be responsible for leading a group of teaching assistants to deliver a thematic curriculum through ‘play’ to their most complex students. All studnets within this class receive either 1:1 or 2:2 support and some of the pupils are non verbal and utilise alternative communication methods.
You must have excellent interpersonal skills, and enjoy liasing with parents, colleagues, members of allied agencies and of course the pupils. You must be computer literate and be able to deal with sensitive and confidential information effectively. You need to be confident working on your own and be self-motivated. As a Teacher you will need to have a knowledge and understanding of Curriculum, Teaching, Learning and Assessment and it is vital that you have curriculum expeirence within Ofsted and regulatory bodies.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an active patricipant of the school team
- Lead by example, holding and articulating clear values and moral purpose, and focusing on providing excellent education for all pupils
- Undertake the normal responsibilities of a class teacher
- Be responsible for the standards and curriculum of all pupils including monitoring of progress towards achievement
Relevent Skills and Experience:
- A relevent degree level Teaching qualification and/or experience in a school
- QTS/QTLS is desirable
- Experience of working in SEMH school with children who have learning difficulties and can display severe challenging behaviour is desirable
- Expeirence of Ofsted and other regulatory body inspections
Registration process update – Due to the current COVID-19 situation, all of our registration meetings will take place via telephone and video calling to ensure we meet Safeguarding and REC guidelines and a time to suit you.
All candidates are required to hold an up to date Enhanced DBS Disclosure check, or be in a position to apply for one.
If this role is of interest to you, and you would like to speak to one of our Team, please apply today and we will be in touch.