Team Education is a leading recruitment service for schools in London. An SEN school within the Greenwich area is currently looking for an experienced “special needs teacher” to cover a 12-month maternity leave. The role will now start in September 2021.
About the role:
- Teaching young people who have profound and multiple learning disabilities
- 12-month fixed term maternity cover
- You will be responsible for planning, preparing, and delivering lessons with the support of 3 specialist teaching assistants and external multi-agencies
- You will be working closely with two specialist teaching assistants who will support you to support the children individua’s needs
- You will be required to mark children’s work and provide feedback
About the school:
- Primary SEN School specialising with children who have Autism Spectrum conditions along with profound and multiple learning disabilities
- Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school
- Well established team
- Class ratios are between 4-8 students with a minimum of two SEN trained teaching assistants along with a class teacher
- This school has regular visits from occupational therapists and speech therapists
- You must have experience working 1:1 and in small groups
- You are a caring, patient individual who has a good understanding of the service and complex needs of young people
- You have 12 months experience working with children with SEN needs
Why Team Education?
Registering with Team is a simple and transparent process. You’ll be given your own personal consultant to guide you through the entire process, as well as offering on-going support and advice where needed – we’ll even make a CV for you.
Once registered – now via safe online/video calls – we work tirelessly to find you placements – long or short term – in your local area. You’ll receive honest and detailed information regarding the school, the position and the rate of pay before every placement. With a wide range of schools and positions in your area, we’ll have something to suit you.
Team Education is committed to safeguarding children. Each applicant will be expected to undertake compliance checks including Prohibited list, Barred list, DBS and Qualifications.