SEN teacher/ Deputy SENDco.
Catholic All Boys secondary school
Veritas are looking for a qualified SEN teacher with deputy SENCO experience, to start at an all boys secondary school asap.
The Role is to assist the SENCO in growing and developing an outstanding SEND provision at a well-established Catholic secondary school in Hounslow. The successful candidate will be expected to lead, develop and support effective practice for pupils with particular learning needs to ensure they are addressed in the most effective way. It is expected that as well as leading SEND provision the successful candidate will also be an outstanding teacher of their subject(s).
· Share responsibilities with the SENCO for leading the provision for special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) within the school and to deputise for the SENCO if required.
· Support the SENCO with providing a strategic vision for the department.
· Raising standards of SEND student inclusion, attainment and achievement by monitoring and supporting student progress.
· Advocate and drive a fully inclusive ethos across the whole school.
· Advise staff with developing a broad, balanced and inclusive curriculum to help SEND learners succeed.
· Liaise with Learning Support staff, Heads of Department, class teachers, Heads of House and parents about students with SEND and, where necessary, referring students to the appropriate external agencies for further support.
· Advise and guide learning support assistants and learning mentors of the needs of students with SEND and of suitable methods and strategies to remediate these needs. This may include the modelling of good practice or support with planning and review.
· Ensure that appropriate schemes of work, including related SEND assessment processes, are in place and regularly reviewed.
· Monitor student progress through the use of Learning Support Plans, standardised assessments and other school wide or departmental assessment data to ensure that appropriate intervention strategies that raise overall standards are implemented.
Be responsible for relevant SEN administration with the Local Authority and other outside agencies as directed by the SENCO, including the administration of EHC plans through the annual review process.
· Within the context of the schools aims and policies, work with the SENCO to develop and implement SEND policies, plans, targets and practices.
Please send your CV through to Gemma at Veritas Education
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
‘Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.’