** SEN Teacher – SEMH – Worcestershire **
** Full Time – April to July 2021 **
This unique opportunity is for an innovative SEN teacher with SEMH experience to join an Ofsted ‘Good’ graded alternative provision school located in Worcestershire.
The school is committed to delivering a transformational approach to supporting KS3 and KS4 pupils with SEMH needs. Staff are passionate about all pupils achieving a positive destination when they leave school and are dedicated to building positive relationships and creating a wealth of opportunities to encourage personal development and meaningful learning experiences in a safe environment so all pupils can thrive, grow and achieve.
For the summer term, you will be welcomed in to a caring, good humoured and well disciplined school where strong nurturing relationships are at the heart of everything they do.
A strong knowledge of the geography curriculum is advantageous however not essential, as what matters most to the SLT is a qualified teacher who is the right fit for the school – a teacher who understands and can positively relate to pupils with SEMH needs, and has the confidence and knowledge to effectively support them.
The headteacher requires a SEN teacher – SEMH who:
- Has previous teaching experience in a similar setting and/ or working with secondary aged pupils with SEMH needs (EBD, ADHD, ASD)
- Has excellent communication skills and a natural flair for establishing positive relationships
- Is approachable, proactive, resilient and versatile
- Has high expectations, an excellent command of the classroom and the ability to remain calm in challenging situations
- Has a creative teaching approach that inspires and motivates all pupils
- Is eligible to work in the UK
- Holds a UK teaching qualification: qualified teacher status (QTS) or qualified teacher learning and skills (QTLS)
- Possesses a current enhanced DBS certificate that is registered on the Update Service or be willing to apply for a new one
Immediate interviews available – apply today to register your interest for this rewarding role or to find out more information, give Rebecca a call.
Alternatively, are you a qualified teacher who is searching for the FLEXIBILITY of DAILY and SHORT TERM supply teaching? Would you like to teach in a VARIETY of schools WITHOUT the RESPONSIBILITY of planning and marking? No problem, give us a call for an informal chat or send us your CV – as Worcestershire’s leading teaching supply agency, we are confident that we can help you! We are the preferred agency to schools in and around Bewdley, Bromsgrove, Droitwich, Evesham, Kidderminster, Malvern, Pershore, Redditch, Stourport and Worcester.
Academics Ltd Worcester are committed to safer recruitment, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, we expect every SEN teacher – SEMH to share this commitment. Assignments are subject to safeguarding and child protection screening in line with DfE policies.