The children present challenging behavioural issues and social exclusion. At the same time; these children may have other SEND statements such as ADHD and LD. We are keen to hear from candidates who have worked in Secondary SEN / ASD provisions of mainstream schools and special schools. You must be able to demonstrate strong behaviour management skills, solid communication skills and be able to on a 1-2-1 basis as well as in small groups.
This school have an excellent teaching structure to get SEN children to proactively become involved in learning within the classroom. This school has been visited by Ofsted and each time had superb feedback.
The successful candidate will;
* Have experience of working in a special educational setting
* Have experience of working with ASD students 1-2-1 and within small groups
* Be TEAM TEACH trained or have similar restraint training
* Be PECs and or Makaton trained
* Be able to engage SEND students and help them overcome learning barriers
The key benefits for working with Simply Education are;
– Your own dedicated secondary school consultant
– A variety of daily and long term positions to suit your needs
– 24/7 access to your dedicated consultant via phone
– Minimal administration (no time sheets)
– Email and SMS verification of bookings
– Online diary of bookings, school directions
– £75 referral scheme
– Access to our unique Educational Development Managers
The schools we work with are at minimum ‘good’ graded schools with some ‘outstanding’. With new and up to date facilities and guaranteed support in each day you work, you can be sure that you will settle in very quickly and feel comfortable teaching.
If you’re interested in this role, please click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV or please call James Claydon on 01245 570 079.