** SEN Teaching Assistant **
** Secondary School – Redbridge **
** Starting September 2021 **
** Monday-Friday, 8:30am-3:50pm, £73 – £78 per day **
We are currently working with a Secondary School in Redbridge who are looking to recruit SEN TAs who have experience working within SEN. This is specifically working 1:1 and in small groups with children with varying SEN, and other additional learning needs. Trial day to be held in first two weeks of September 2021.
Your main role will be to help towards improving student communication and interaction skills, including using Social Stories, Lego Therapy, ELSA as examples. You will also enable students to improve basic curriculum skills such as numeracy and literacy, phonics, handwriting and touch typing as examples.
The school is within walking distance to a mainline station and tube station.
Essential key skills and experience needed:
- Degree level education (not essential but desirable)
- Enhanced DBS registered on the Online Update Service (must already have due to imminent start date)
- Previous experience working with children on a one to one, small group work and/or whole class support basis
- Enthusiastic, friendly, patient and determined approach
- Experience or knowledge within special educational needs
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to Laura Barwick at Veritas Education on .
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
‘Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.’