Teaching Assistants/Support Teaching Assistants
Salary range: Grade D to F (depending on experience)
Annual salary £18,933 to £22,183 pro rata
(Actual salary: £13,263.91 to £15,540.76 per annum)
Hours: 31 hours per week (term time only – 38 weeks per year)
- 8.30 am to 3.00 pm (Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri)
- 8.30 am to 4.00 pm (Wed – training 3.00 pm to 4.00 pm)
- 30 minute lunch break
Plus 13 induction training sessions that will take place over a period of time held on Thursdays 3.00 pm to 4.00 pm
Contract type: Permanent & Maternity (maternity contract 3 days per week Monday to Wednesday)
Commencement date: As soon as possible
Exeter House is a forward thinking, aspirational and vibrant Special School in Salisbury. This is an exciting time for us as we are exploring opportunities for expansion and further development of our provision and aim to become a Centre of Excellence for the south of Wiltshire. We are committed to supporting our local community and have developed an outreach service. This has been exceptionally well received by both parents and professionals.
We are a supportive and caring school where we strive to enable everyone to be the best they can be. We not only believe in the extraordinary but seek it out in every student we work with and every staff member who works for us.
Exeter House is part of the Somerset Road Education Trust: a unique collaborative multi-academy trust, formed in partnership with St Mark’s CofE Junior School and Wyndham Park Infants’ School who share our campus. We also have an offsite vocational centre for our older students. At present the school caters for approximately 152 young people between the ages of 4 and 19 who have PMLD, SLD or Complex Needs. A significant number of students also have a diagnosis of autism.
We would like to hear from you if:
- You are passionate, proactive and dedicated about improving the learning opportunities for children and young people.
- You have an ability to work with a range of children and young people with additional and complex needs.
- You are a team player who can build good working relationships with colleagues.
- You are flexible, enthusiastic and resilient, with a good sense of humour.
- You have good numeracy, literacy and ICT skills.
- You are committed to ongoing professional development.
- You have high aspirations in teaching and learning for all children and young people.
We can offer you:
- A positive and friendly working environment.
- An opportunity to work with an amazing group of young people.
- Extensive induction programme and ongoing CPD programme and training.
- Opportunities and support for continued professional growth.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Reduced membership fee at local Health and Fitness Club.
If you are interested in this post an application pack can be downloaded from Somerset Road Education Trust website, alternatively please contact the HR Officer, Tracey Allman, on 01722-420699 or by email. Full contact details can be located within the ‘Apply Now’ section; please log in or register to view.