Education & Development Officer / Public Sector Training Coordinator who has experience managing the full lifecycle of educational training programmes within either a Public Sector, Health & Social Care setting, NHS or Educational environment is required for a small, but growing Consultancy based in Barking, Essex.
Candidates will need experience using Prince2 or a similar project management methodology to deliver training and education programmes for the health and social care workforce, with a particular focus on the general practice and residential care workforces.
You also need to demonstrate your ability to lead and use your initiative on work programme / activities, think on your feet and be solutions focussed, with the ability to occasionally and quickly adjust project plans based on changes to project and stakeholder requirements.
Essentially you will need outward client engagement and project delivery experience. This is very much a client facing role, albeit remotely via Zoom or Microsoft Teams for now.
SALARY: up to £35,000 pro rata (depending on experience)
LOCATION: You can Work from Home or from the office in Barking, East London, whichever you prefer – Candidates should also be able to commute within an hour to Barking & Dagenham, Havering, Redbridge and access parts of London when required.
JOB TYPE: 6 Month Fixed Term Contract – Possible contract extensions available
WORKING HOURS: 37.5 Hours per Week, Monday to Friday
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for an Education & Development Officer / Public Sector Training Coordinator who has project management and public sector experience, preferably within the NHS / health and social care or workforce development/workforce transformation setting.
The Company has been previously commissioned for a range of training and educational programmes covering Mental Health First Aid, Making Every Contact Count, Group Consultations and Motivational Interviewing, amongst others, and the successful candidate will need to be able to identify, research and manage similar programmes to ensure maximum impact.
This is predominately a remote-based role and will involve excellent stakeholder management, administrative, reporting, organisational and time-management skills. Meetings will be carried out online via Zoom or Microsoft Teams. Although there may be times when a site visit will be required.
Working as the Education & Development Officer / Public Sector Training Coordinator you will play a pivotal role in supporting the Community Education Provider Network (CEPN) Programme Lead Consultant with multiple concurrent projects spread across Barking & Dagenham, Havering and Redbridge health & social care system. This will also involve designing and delivering training / learning needs analysis for particular professions (e.g. nurses, social workers, care support workers, pharmacists, etc) or for whole workforces. You will also engage managers and employers to understand their service and workforce needs.
As the Education & Development Officer / Public Sector Training Coordinatoryou will work very closely with the CEPN Programme Lead Consultant to ensure milestones are met, all documentation is completed, project delivery and monitoring is tracked and logged and a network of local providers of health & social care and educational and training providers is established and developed.
As a successful candidate you will have previous experience working as an Education & Development Officer / Public Sector Training Coordinator or within a similar role and have knowledge of one or more project management methodologies such as Prince2, Agile, Waterfall or similar PM methodology.
You will also need experience of working within a public sector environment. Any previous experience working within Health & Social Care, Education and Training or workforce development/workforce transformation would be highly desirable. You will also need to demonstrate your ability to lead and use your initiative on work programme / activities, think on your feet and be solutions focussed, with the ability to occasionally and quickly adjust project plans based on changes to project and stakeholder requirements.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties as the Education & Development Officer / Public Sector Training Coordinator:
- Support the CEPN Programme Lead Consultant to maintain a clear and focused assessment of progress towards established commitments
- Take on full responsibility for projects from initiation, planning, commissioning and delivery, alongside relevant stakeholder groups
- Support the delivery of CEPN projects through established project management principles and processes
- Prepare reports, updates and briefs
- Explore, analyse and present data collected for individual projects
- Deputise on behalf of the CEPN Programme Lead Consultant when appropriate
- Ensure projects are sharply focused and essential communications with key stakeholders are actively managed
- Support the CEPN Programme Lead Consultant in the development of necessary project documentation, including project initiation documents, development plans, delivery plans, highlight reports, etc.
- Work closely with the CEPN Programme Lead Consultant to formulate robust project plans ensuring that contingency planning is considered
- Monitor and track project milestones and escalate any deviations from initial baselines
- Previous experience and Public Sector experience is essential
- Previous experience in the NHS, health & social care, education and training or workforce development/workforce transformation would be highly desirable
·Ability to lead and use your initiative on work programme / activities, think on your feet and be solutions focussed, with the ability to occasionally and quickly adjust project plans based on changes to project and stakeholder requirements
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Good attention to detail and works to a high level of accuracy
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Qualified or has experience and knowledge of project management methodologies
- Comfortable working within a small team
- Previous experience of workforce development and / or workforce transformation would be highly desirable. Although not essential
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-C6479
Full-Time, Fixed Term Contract Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Barking, Essex. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk